Passive House Hui 2020
*** new date confirmed***
Every year PHINZ holds a National Hui (Gathering) for Passive House professionals in Aotearoa NZ to come together to share real-world experience and learn from each other. If you are passionate about Passive House and the latest developments in New Zealand, join us for this gathering. Share, learn and be inspired by a host of talks at Otago Polytechnic in Dunedin.
- Hear directly from industry professionals as they share details from their current and future projects
- Learn about new plans and developments within PHINZ
- Quiz the expert panel on Passive House related cost questions
And afterwards, you will have a chance to network with others that share your passion for building a better Aotearoa NZ. For those of you who will stay in Dunedin, we will arrange for a dinner with other delegates in the CBD on request. Please indicate whether you want to join us when you register below.
Special announcement: PHINZ isn’t organising any project tours this year, however, on the day after the hui (Sunday, 1 November), there are two local visits on offer. More details will be provided by the hosts during the hui.
- Tim Ross of Architype and Baden Brown of eHaus invite you to visit and tour the High Street Cohousing project (21 units, targetting Passive House certification) from 10 am to 12 pm, and
- Thermadura invites you to come and visit their passive house window production facilities in Mosgiel from 12 pm to 2 pm.
▶ Welcome & Morning Tea
▶ Session 1
- Tim Ross: Form follows function
- Jason Quinn & Gleb Speranski: BRANZ/PHINZ high performance construction details project
▶ Session 2
- Rafe Maclean: Work in progress
- Update on PHINZ activities
▶ Expert Panel on costs
▶ Afternoon tea
When: Saturday, 31 October 2020
Where: Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin
Time: 11 am to 4.30 pm
Cost: $115 per person for PHINZ Members / $130 per person for Non-Members (incl GST)
This event is fully booked. We are not operating a waitlist. You’re still welcome to join the visits on Sunday.